We praise and thank the Lord for the many college students we have gotten to know, serve, and grow with over the past years. One way we have been able to serve college students is through our van ministry. Every Sunday morning, we have two vans that shuttle students from the campus to church and then back to campus. This is available for both Sunday School and our Morning Worship service.The vans meet at the Physical Learning Center lobby doors at 9:30 AM for Sunday School and 10:40 AM for our Morning Worship service. The distance is 1.5 miles and a 5 minute drive.
It is our privilege as a church body to individually welcome and "adopt" willing students. We have had this ministry for several years now and have gotten great feedback from both students and church families. Any college student who is interested can sign up to be placed with an adoptive family who try to encourage them throughout the year in a variety of ways. One of the most popular methods of encouragement is to simply have students over for a home-cooked meal. This is always a nice step away from campus life.
Not only do we enjoy worshiping with you, but we love to serve with you. If you are interested in getting involved here at First Baptist Church, we have opportunities in our music, nursery, children's ministry (Sunday and Wednesday), teen and adult ministries.
So how do I get started? Here is a check list that will help guide you through the process.
1. Read our Church Constitution.
2. If you are a like-minded believer and can agree with what the church believes as stated in the constitution, fill out a church membership application. When you have completed it, bring it in to the church office. Pastor Johnson will receive your application and will take it to the deacons.
3. After Pastor Johnson and the deacons review your application, you will be contacted to see when you could meet with the deacons to share your testimony and areas you'd like to serve.
If you are interested in volunteering with our children or teens...
4. You must fill out three more forms. Youth Worker Application, Pennsylvania Criminal Record check, and the Pennsylvania Child Abuse clearance. There is NO COST to you for either state forms. Simply bring all three back to the church office.
5. Read our Children's Protection Policy (CPP) and attend a CPP training. We will gladly schedule a individual training with you. It normally only takes 30 minutes.